Our busy, client-focused office needs a reliable, well-organized Office Manager to handle day-to-day operations with a focus on efficiency and time management. Trans-plan is an innovative and forward thinking traffic engineering firm taking a tech-focused approach to solving transportation problems in Ontario and beyond.
The Office Manager will be responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation. We’re looking for an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. This position will include advancement opportunities for the right candidate as well as full benefits after a 90-day probationary period.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsible for all operational aspects of the company including but not limited to:
- Develop organizational procedures and systems for office personnel, including filing, billing, accounts payable and receivable, payroll and scheduling of company assets
- Improving employee and client retention rates through active communication and problem-solving efforts
- Management of the company calendar and project scheduling
- Responsible for recruiting staff for the office and providing orientation and training to new employees.
- Ensure top performance of office staff by providing them adequate coaching and guidance
- Responsible of administrative tasks
- Remain updated on technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, joining professional associations, building networks with fellow professionals and reviewing of industry publications
- Responsible for ensuring office financial objectives are met by preparing an annual budget for the office, planning the expenditures, analyzing variances and carrying out necessary corrections that may arise.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree and/or Masters degree preferred in (Business, Human Resources, Accounting, Management, Engineering).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- 1-5 years of experience
- Management certification such as a PMP is favourable but not required
- Experience with scheduling, budgeting, and payroll
- Advanced computer skills (Sage experience is a plus)
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Supply management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills preferred (bilingual English/French)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent leadership and analytical skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and (multitasking is a must)
For more information about what we do please check out our website http://trans-plan.com
Job Type: Full-time