Transportation engineer e.i.t (Level I)
Trans-Plan is a Canadian professional transportation engineering company that creates thoughtful plans for movement in urban environments. We solve challenging pedestrian, bicycle, transit, and automobile transportation problems by applying our expert knowledge and utmost care in traffic and transportation, planning, design and collaboration with other professionals. We provide urban transportation advisory services to public and private clients across Canada.
Trans-Plan is seeking a Transportation Engineer in Training (E.I.T) to fulfill key roles in new projects and in supporting our continued growth. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic forward thinking company of leading professionals with a solid track record of financial success. Trans-Plan actively encourages its employees to grow with the company. You will be part of a team that focuses on innovative solutions to complex and challenging traffic problems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare and contribute to transportation studies including multi-modal studies, transportation master plans, environmental assessments, traffic impact studies, TDM, active transportation and parking studies for various company offices.
- Support RVA project managers in the completion of technical analysis, client and stakeholder liaison, project management, and proposal preparation for a variety of public and private sector clients.
- Undertake business development efforts by identifying, capturing and qualifying opportunities.
- Assist with proposal and report preparation related to transportation planning, traffic engineering and environmental assessments.
- Use of software packages including Synchro and MS Office for analysis, evaluation and report preparations.
- Design, undertake and manage field work such as site investigations, traffic data collection and existing transportation conditions.
- Contribute to construction drawings such as pavement markings, signage, traffic management and detour plans utilizing appropriate standards (e.g. Ontario Traffic Manuals).
- Coordinating and contributing to public and agency consultation activities, including Public Open Houses/Information Centres.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and communication with clients.
- Assist technical staff with additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- A degree in Civil Engineering (with focus in Transportation Engineering) or a College diploma in Civil Engineering Technology (with focus in Transportation Engineering).
- Qualified to practice in Ontario as a Professional Engineer or Certified Engineering Technologist, or eligible to be qualified within six months.
- 3-5 years of professional experience, preferably in the consulting industry.
- Strong communication, report writing, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Municipal traffic engineering studies, such as intersection studies, corridor analyses, safety assessments, and traffic signal optimization.
- Knowledge and application of principles of geometric design and traffic engineering (e.g. TAC, OTM).
- Municipal Class EA studies for transportation facilities.
- Transportation impact and parking demand studies for a wide range of development.
- Understanding of traffic demand forecasting and impact analysis techniques.
- Experience with traffic engineering software, such as Synchro.
- A valid Ontario Driver's License Class G and access to a personal vehicle for business purposes.
Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning Services
REPORTS TO: General Manager - Engineering.
LOCATION: Trans-Plan Head Office – Toronto, ON.
TRAVEL: Up to 25%-30% travel.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment:
Trans-Plan is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, Trans-Plan is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a: criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire. We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.